In the US, educational administration is often taken to include both management and leadership, whereas in the UK it is taken to be a separate activity – usually supportive of management and leadership. Education administration master’s degrees, (and variants such as education management master’s or educational leadership master’s) are designed for careers in elementary and secondary school administration, college administration, and educational supervision, management and leadership. Many colleges and universities offer these masters programs online. This page provides information on what is studied in these degrees and provides links to where you can study them online.
What do the programs cover?
An education administration master’s degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator.
A typical program might include: roles and responsibilities of the principal, funding, budgeting, education policy analysis, school law, community relations, diversity issues, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, curriculum design, management, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What are the career prospects with an education administration masters?
Graduates of education administration masters are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of an elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other educational administration and leadership positions.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration masters degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of finance masters schools and programs
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- MA in Education/Administration and Supervision
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- MA in Education - Administration and Supervision
- M.Ed. Teaching & Learning: History
Brandman University, part of the prestigious 150-year-old Chapman University system is a private, non-profit regionally accredited university that offers a high quality education for non-traditional adult students.
At Brandman University, students can choose from over 50 undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs in Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education and Nursing and Health professions.
- MA in Educational Leadership and Administration
- MA in Education (Educational Leadership)
- Added Emphasis Ed Spec Credential- Mod/Sev (Preliminary)
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Higher Education : College Administration and Leadership
- Master of Science in Higher Education : Student Affairs
- Master of Science: Education
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration
- MS - Integrative Studies
- MS - K-12 Studies in Education
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Master of Education - PK-12 Principal Leadership
- Organizational Leadership - Master of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Master of Education
- And more...
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- M.S. in Higher Education - Leadership for Student Success
- M.S.Ed - Teacher Leadership (Grades K-12)
- M.S. in Education - Educational Leadership and Administration (International Non-Licensure)
- And more...
Pursue learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor at University of Kansas. Contribute valuable research alongside faculty that help shape their disciple as well as teach it.
- Master's - Educational Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)