In the US, educational administration is often taken to include both management and leadership, whereas in the UK it is taken to be a separate activity – usually supportive of management and leadership. Education administration master’s degrees, (and variants such as education management master’s or educational leadership master’s) are designed for careers in elementary and secondary school administration, college administration, and educational supervision, management and leadership. Many colleges and universities offer these masters programs online. This page provides information on what is studied in these degrees and provides links to where you can study them online.
What do the programs cover?
An education administration master’s degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator.
A typical program might include: roles and responsibilities of the principal, funding, budgeting, education policy analysis, school law, community relations, diversity issues, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, curriculum design, management, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What are the career prospects with an education administration masters?
Graduates of education administration masters are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of an elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other educational administration and leadership positions.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration masters degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of finance masters schools and programs
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration
- MS - Higher Ed Leadership and Admin
- MS - Integrative Studies
- And more...
- Master of Arts in Education - Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Education - Educational Technology
- Master of Arts in Education - Curriculum & Instruction
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- M.S. in Higher Education - Leadership for Student Success
- M.S.Ed - Teacher Leadership (Grades K-12)
- M.S. in Education - Educational Leadership and Administration (International Non-Licensure)
- And more...
- Masters of Education - Administration and Supervision
- Master of Education
Brandman University, part of the prestigious 150-year-old Chapman University system is a private, non-profit regionally accredited university that offers a high quality education for non-traditional adult students.
At Brandman University, students can choose from over 50 undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs in Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education and Nursing and Health professions.
- MA in Educational Leadership and Administration
- MA in Education (Educational Leadership)
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Higher Education : College Administration and Leadership
- Master of Science in Higher Education : Student Affairs
- Master of Science: Education
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Education in Christian School Administration
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching & Mentoring
- Master of Education in Student Affairs
- And more...
Pursue learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor at University of Kansas. Contribute valuable research alongside faculty that help shape their disciple as well as teach it.
- Master's - Educational Administration