In the US, educational administration is often taken to include both management and leadership, whereas in the UK it is taken to be a separate activity – usually supportive of management and leadership. Education administration master’s degrees, (and variants such as education management master’s or educational leadership master’s) are designed for careers in elementary and secondary school administration, college administration, and educational supervision, management and leadership. Many colleges and universities offer these masters programs online. This page provides information on what is studied in these degrees and provides links to where you can study them online.
What do the programs cover?
An education administration master’s degree is designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator.
A typical program might include: roles and responsibilities of the principal, funding, budgeting, education policy analysis, school law, community relations, diversity issues, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, curriculum design, management, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What are the career prospects with an education administration masters?
Graduates of education administration masters are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of an elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other educational administration and leadership positions.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration masters degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of finance masters schools and programs
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- MA in Education - Administration and Supervision
- M.Ed. Teaching & Learning: History
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- M.A. in Education/Administration and Supervision
- Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- M.S.Ed - Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (Grades K-12)
- M.S.Ed - Professional Development (Grades PreK-12)
- M.S.Ed - Teacher Leadership (Grades K-12)
- And more...
- Master of Science in Higher Education : College Administration and Leadership
- Master of Science in Higher Education : Student Affairs
- Master of Science: Education
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration
- MS - Higher Ed Leadership and Admin
- MS - Integrative Studies
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2014 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Implements a one-to-one teaching model, partnering one student with one faculty member in each course.
- 100% of faculty members hold doctoral degrees.
- No physical residency requirements, allowing students to pursue their degree online.
- Committed to innovation, diversity, excellence, and accountability since its founding in 1996.
- Offers several programs in business, education, psychology, and more.
- Master of Education - PK-12 Principal Leadership
- Organizational Leadership - Master of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Master of Education
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)