The competitive nature of the worlds financial economies and the advent of international marketing have led to a need for superior strategies to ensure business success, both locally and internationally. A marketing masters program provides corporate professionals with skills that enable them to develop their management and business skills to the advanced level required.
The degree course recognizes the theoretical and management skills that underpin the students desire to study at the masters level. Students are provided with innovative ways to research international marketing trends and to develop strategies for marketing in a world that is rapidly changing and increasingly competitive. This page gives more details of the programs and provides links to suitable schools where they can be taken.
What do the programs cover?
In marketing graduate programs, students develop the necessary resources and skills to ensure their strategies have the business edge, not just in a local market, but in the increasingly important international market with its diverse cultural perspectives affecting market strategies. Students focus on studying the issues that directly impact the performance of companies in highly competitive environments. For example, the marketing mix is crucial when determining a product or brand’s offer, and is often associated with the four P’s: price, product, promotion, and place. In service marketing and knowledge intensive environments, however, the four Ps are expanded to the seven P’s (as shown in the following figure).
An MA in marketing can be studied part time or full time and may be studied online or offline. It takes approximately one to two years to complete depending on the type and style of study chosen. The modules cover topics such as evaluating market performance and advertising communication strategies. Some programs also offer electives in internal marketing which provide an innovative approach to helping employees within your own company to develop and implement market strategies.
These programs are designed for company decision makers in management roles and will provide graduates with the skills and knowledge to advance to high management positions within their companies and to move to new roles in government and non government organizations.
Students entering a masters program may already hold a bachelor degree in business or sales or may be looking for a career change and hold a bachelor degree in another field. Individual universities can provide information on other experience or knowledge they may require prior to accepting a student into the program. International students wishing to study at masters level will need to discuss other visa and English language requirements with their education advisor, the consulate of the country they wish to study in or the university or institution they are wishing to complete their studies.
What are the career prospects?
In many countries of the world, having a masters degree is now a requirement for management advancement. Choosing marketing training from a well known and established program will increase the opportunities to travel and join multinational companies and organizations. A masters degree may also provide the opportunity to satisfying work in market research as well as strategy development roles. There are also jobs in specialist areas such as sports marketing. Annual salaries for marketing degree jobs start at $55,000.00 and rise to approximately $120,000.00 in the USA.
The question is sometimes asked if a masters degree will provide greater career advancement than a bachelor degree with experience. While it is true many CEO’s do not hold a masters degree, the competitive nature of high management roles creates an increasing need for innovative and well trained managers at all levels of the business. The MA in marketing will provide the professional with the edge in leadership skills in their company.
List of schools with marketing masters programs
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- MBA - Marketing
- Masters of Business Administration
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- MS in Marketing: Sports Marketing and Media
- Master of Science in Marketing - Digital Marketing and Advertising
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Marketing - MBA
- General Business - MBA
- Management - MBA
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Business Administration : Marketing
- Masters: Business Administration
Brandman University, part of the prestigious 150-year-old Chapman University system is a private, non-profit regionally accredited university that offers a high quality education for non-traditional adult students.
At Brandman University, students can choose from over 50 undergraduate, graduate, credential and certificate programs in Arts and Sciences, Business and Professional Studies, Education and Nursing and Health professions.
- MBA in Business Administration (Marketing)
- MBA in Business Administration
- Certificate in Business Sustainability
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Management
- Specialized, industry-current knowledge and skills for goal-oriented professionals.
- Curricula based upon complex, real-world situations that can challenge you to organize, research and solve problems.
- Innovative programs designed to help you maximize your current knowledge and fast track the pace of your achievements.
- Supportive community of students, educators, mentors and successful professionals ready to welcome you. Are You In?
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- M.B.A. in Marketing
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- M.S. in Leadership - Project Management
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- MBA - Marketing (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)